HI, I'M CATHERINE
I help moms repair and deepen their relationship with their kids.
Catherine began coaching and mentoring moms in 2008 when she created and led her first workshop called Parenting in the Here and Now© at The Open Mind Center in Roswell, GA.
Since then, through her coaching, workshops, bestselling book, newsletters and social media, she’s helped over 1000 moms from 13 countries, grow and develop their ability to be more present, conscious, and connected no matter where they are - at home or at work. She has a following of over 5,000 people from 43 countries and territories.
Before authoring The Present Mother, Catherine kept herself grounded by practicing a special form of yoga called Svaroopa, where she was introduced to spiritual principles and mindfulness meditation practices.
Starting a family led Catherine to take her regular mindfulness practice off the yoga mat and into her mothering life. She found great joy in the possibility of harnessing “The Power of Now” as she and her husband raised their children.
She practiced being present each day by using her upsets with her children as the invitation to go within and heal, grow, and empower herself and her kids.
Her motivation was to create a deeper, more empowering way of being in her family line.
BACKGROUND: EXPERIENCED, EDUCATED, CERTIFIED
* Coaching moms since 2008.
* Certified Parent Educator, Attached at the Heart ™, Attachment Parenting International, 2018.
* Facilitator of the self-inquiry process called, The Work of Byron Katie
* Former Board of Directors for the US Alliance to End the Hitting of Children, 2019.
* Children's Grief Support Peer Group Facilitator, Public Relations Committee Member, State Director Leadership Advisor, Board Retreat Facilitator, Rainbows for All Children, 1996-1998.
* Fundraiser, Families First Parenting Programs, 1999.
* Certified Facilitative Trainer, AT&T, 1996.
* Intensive self-directed study of developmental psychology, leadership development, child development, personal development, neuroscience, epigenetics, eastern philosophy, and spiritual awakening (full list of teachers, coaches, and authors available upon request), 1994 - present.
* Graduate of The Eckhart Tolle School of Awakening, June, 2019.
* Certified Empathic Listener, Rainbows for all Children, 1996.
* Certified Children's Peer Group Facilitator, Rainbows for all Children, 1995.
* Non-Violent Communication (NVC) Training, The Patchwork School, Louisville, CO, 2012.
* Life Coaching training at Coach University, the leading online coach training organization in the world, 1996.
* Graduate of Ending the Inner War, a six-week online course taught by spiritual teacher and bestselling author, Jeff Foster, 2019.
* Global Presence Ambassador for Life Skills Education, Parenting 2.0, LinkedIn, 2016.
* Conscious Parenting Festival, invited to be the keynote speaker, Ängsbacka, Sweden, 2019.
* Mom to two young people, born in 2003 and 2005.
Commendations from my clients include such heartfelt praise as being a down-to-earth, warm, comforting, supportive genius with a gracious heart who easily navigates parents through confusing struggles with their children, and helps them release the root cause of the biggest challenges they face in their relationships.
Some of my client success stories are here.